Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Baby Shower Fun!

This past weekend, we had a baby shower for Corie. We had a great time! There was so much good food and it was great to see old friends. Corie, Lisa and I have been best friends since Jr.High. We have kept in touch by going to dinner once a month for the last few years. I truly look forward to it every month and have loved growing up, getting married, and becoming mothers together!! Good luck Corie!! Can't wait to see little Jonah!
I was in charge of decorations for the shower-- I had so much fun makin this diaper cake! I am totally not creative by myself so I found a cake online that I liked and copied it. I think it turned out really cute!

5 comments:

Corie said...

Hey girl! The shower was a BLAST. Thanks so much for being a wonderful friend. You've been there for me through thick & thin. It's been amazing for me to watch you as a mother. You are a natural (you make it look so easy!) and I hope to learn lots from your example. I've already learned so much from you throughout our lives together. You are so kind, thoughtful, caring, generous, and a genuinely loving person. Thanks for all you did to prepare for the shower! See you Thursday for our dinner night! :)

Molly said...

Your diaper cake turned out so cute! I love it! Hope everything is going well with you guys, your blog is always so cute! I can e-mail you the directions for the blankets if you like, I just need to scan them on to the computer. The next one I am making has pirate ships on it, I can send you the pattern for that as well if you would be interested in making one of those. The website is http://sweetandshabbydesigns.typepad.com/photos/rag_quilts/pirateship.html if you want to check it out.

weston'smommy said...

That is so cute I have been wanting to make one since I first say one but no one has had a baby. Now all my friends are pregnant right now with me. LOL!

steveandjonelle said...

I am inspired by your diaper cake. I am making one for a friend's baby shower this weekend. I may be calling you later on in the week to learn the tricks of the trade. We will see how it turns out! Your's looks great!

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

Wow you have been busy girl. WOW> That is cool that you guys get together so much. I think that it is great. Looks like that shower turned out to be a hit. So cute! Your guys did a great job on that baby cake thing. COOL!